The DEGP IS MY FAVORITE EQUITY STRATEGY FOR — USE IN A MODERATE RISK IRA ACCOUNT.
- The Results Are Extraordinary from 2007- 2015.
- No Down Years from 2007-2014. ( Even in 2008. )
- The Maximum Draw Down from the Highest High to the Lowest Low Has Been -16.92%.
- Recovery Time to New Highs Has Been a Maximum of 5.4 Months.
Compare The Stats to Your Own Equity Portfolio, Mutual Fund or Index Funds. Of course past performance is no guaranty of future results. Accounts may have losses instead of gains in the future. Check out the audited report and all the disclosures to more fully understand the nature of this account.
The reason I like it so much is because of its daily asset risk control and its method of reducing risk in declining market conditions.
Let’s look at what this manager is doing that sets him apart from most mutual funds and other types of managed accounts:
- The portfolio is focused on stocks in leading sectors that have high earnings growth and may be purchased at a value based price.
- The portfolio is intended to be fully invested with a maximum of twenty stocks.
- Each stock must rise 10% before purchase.
- Most of the stocks are large cap and pay dividends.
- The portfolio often includes international as well as domestic equities.
- Analytics target a minimum of a 30% growth in value prior to purchasing a stock.
- Each stock is monitored daily. If it declines by 15% it is sold.
- As a portfolio stock approaches the 30% target the sell trigger is lowered to as low as 5% below the current price.
- The portfolio holds cash balances when stocks cannot be found that meet the defined standards necessary for purchase.
The results show that this logic and discipline have had great value.
In today’s slow growth environment a portfolio concentrated on high earning companies with a plan for risk control has an advantage over index funds and highly diversified mutual funds.
You may read more more about the DEGP and it’s manager Dr. Robert Schreiber by reading blogs at https://retirementadvice.us. For a comprehensive analysis of the audited results send me an e-mail request at email@example.com.
It is possible to modify the risk by using the stocks selected by Dr Schreiber and writing options on the portfolio. It can be done using covered calls or option spreads.
Many of the selected stocks have powerful moves on the date of their earnings releases. In a slow growth market these periods of price acceleration may be a good time to take short term gains.
What are the negatives?
Active management may result in more short term gains and thus a higher tax rate. The cost of commissions and slippage also will be greater. We recommend using the lowest cost brokers who do not give trades to traders in exchange for kickback commissions. We also recommend using this strategy in an IRA or Roth IRA.
Capital Markets IQ will provide the trading signals to Advisors and Hedge funds in exchange for a 50 basis point annual fee or share it’s fee with fully disclosed advisors who refer accounts.
As an advisor I pay fees to Capital MarketsIQ for accounts I manage using their strategy. I also receive compensation for marketing this strategy to other advisors and hedge funds based on fees paid by them to Capital Markets IQ. Capital MarketsIQ is an SEC registered investment advisor.
I depend on investors like yourself to help me spread the word about this very specialized strategy.